Monday, November 23, 2009

What is MM up too?????

Many of you have been wondering... "What has Marathon Madrigal been up to?" After crossing the finish line, my life has been great! I am still on such a high from the marathon.
Now, my life has involved a lot more work than running, which is understandable, because for five months my boss was very easy on me..so for that I am thankful. (Thank you, Pam if you read this.) The good thing is that our Paris training group increased in size. Sadly, not all my girls that are training with us are going to Paris but its great to know that they are going to keep us company. Sunday (Nov 15th) was my first day back in the park and man oh man did I miss my Central Park!! It was an absolute AMAZING day in New York City!! The weather was 66 and the running conditions couldn’t have been any more perfect for November. I met up with Lauren at our old TFK spot.
Vane was supposed to come out but she was a bit under the weather we will say ;). Lauren and I decided to run the 6.2 mile loop of the park. I was a little nervous at first because she is a bit faster then me, but to my surprise, I kept up with her all the way. Everyone that has read my blog knows that I hate Harlem Hill, we have this love/hate relationship, but on this past run, I was shocked and surprised. As we made the turn passed the ice skating rink, I saw it -- HH -- and I thought, this will be where I will lose her. This is where I will fall behind right away. I put those thoughts out of my head and just kept it moving (remember, it's mind over matter). So I did, and I didn’t lose! I didn’t get left behind. Once we made it to the top, I looked at Lauren and commented that it was so much easier. She looked at me and said "Girl we just ran a flipping marathon". It was true. I did just run a flipping marathon. I ran through five boroughs, over five bridges (Queensboro Bridge, hello!!) So what does HH have on me?? NOTHING!
Running the marathon has given me a new look on things and now I walk a little taller and I know I can do anything that I want. Oh yeah I am also trying to convince half of my friends to run next year's marathon and half marathon with me…I will keep you posted of course.
With <3,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment