Thursday, January 26, 2012

reflections on tanzania

while i was on my "blogger break" i came across this blog . this blog is about laura her life as a wife, mother and founder of an amazing project that is near and dear to my heart.

laura, started the grace project after a summer (i think) in tanzania (my new favorite place). laura reflects on tanzania: But she had made a mark on my heart and burned a desire to give in my mind that couldn't wait a year. Grace gave to me in a way that I had never experienced before. She didn't have much to hang her hat on, but she had a wealth of hospitality and was rich in the kind of faith many of us only read about. Here I was, a young, bright-eyed, college student thinking I was going to make my way to Africa and make an impact on someone, and I left there feeling overwhelmed with the impact that Africa had on me.

before you see the pictures i want to share a video with you, these are our guides singing to us after we made the summit on kilimanjaro
From Africa (Picasa)/ December 2011


i have been so lucky to have lived and experience tanzania has to offer. here are some of my favorite pictures from my trip.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this & for being a part of the Grace Project. Your pictures are beautiful and make my heart ache to go back!! How wonderful to get to share a similar love for such a faraway place with someone like you!

    ReplyDelete