Monday, July 20, 2009

What a Rebel!

I am such a rebel!

This past Saturday we had the option to do one of two things:
1.) A run with our group, Team For Kids (TFK), in Central Park Race an easy 4 mile run
or
2.) A 6 or 7 mile run with the rest of our team.

If I went with the "TFK plan" I would have to get up at 6:30am on a Saturday, which I was actually planning to do, but then I was out with my roommate Alicia, and a couple of her friends and I was having a lot of fun. So right then and there at Revel in the Meatpacking Mecca I decided NO, I would not be waking up that early to do 6 or 7 miles. I sent my friend Katie a text telling her I would not be joining her and that I would be running along the West Side Highway at 10:00am for the other team run, if she wanted to join me, which she did.
Now, did anyone realize how hot it was on Saturday? As we started our run I realized this would be harder and maybe I should have gotten up and gone with the TFK team. The later in the day the hotter it became, but…. WE DID IT!
We ran from my house to 23rd and the West Side Highway and back with a casual stop to do a little free kayaking. In total we did a little over 6 miles which was great!
The rest of my weekend was a lot of fun. We laid out on Saturday and then went to a wonderful dinner to celebrate Katie's birthday. Have you been to Alta lately? I highly recommend it. Some of the best tapas I have ever had.
On Sunday, Alicia, Katie and I headed to Long Beach on the 8:45am train and laid out all day then headed back into the city for a kickball game.
Overall it was a wonderful weekend but now this week is going to be a little harder. Today we will be running 5.5 miles, Wednesday will do our famous "Speed Workouts/Fast Runs" and Saturday is the big day….11 miles! By the way did I mention that I have to run/workout on my off days. Wish me luck!
Ok till my next post which will include pictures. Thanks for reading…. :)

2 comments:

  1. You really are a rebel! :)
    Go Jackie! You're doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't your blog suppose to be about you running...not you tanning. LOL! So proud of you! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete