Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yesterday's Run

Yesterday's run was good we did our first "fast runs". What are Fast Run's you ask? Let me explain..we all (61 of us) meet at our usual spot on 81st on the West side then ran to 103rd to a track. Once we got there we warmed up and then….it started. The plan was to break off into five different running groups, I of course put myself in the 9:30 to 10:30 range because at my slowest I run a 10 minute mile and at last week's 9 miler I was running 9:40 I thought it would be a good place. So we started on a track that was 350 meters, we did 4 laps going as fast as possible (may sound easy, but its not!!) and then after every fast lap we did a recovery run at a nice slow speed. Well after two fast laps I thought I was going to die! I could not even do the third I was out of breath and felt so out of shape. I thought haven't I been training for this? What has the past month and half gotten me? I cant even run this dumb course. I was upset but then I thought I am going to finish strong and I did. I kept up and did the recovery run. On our way home I THANKFULLY remembered that I had a granola bar with me, which I shared with my roommate because we were both starving. By the time I got home I was so tired, dirty and I still had to do laundry! Annoyed I took off my running clothes so that they could be washed and as I took off my socks I was so grossed out…I had a ring of dirt. My feet were so white while the bottom part of my ankle was black..not from my tanning but from the dirt. So before I even took my clothes up to the laundry room I jumped in the shower to wash off all the dirt. With that shower I felt like a million bucks.
Keep reading to find out what else I am doing and of course if you haven't donated please make sure you do!! I need to hit the $3000 mark. More stories to come…sneak peak... on the 25th I am running 11 miles so there will be a story there too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment