Friday, August 14, 2009

This Sunday is one of my big races---- The NYC Half Marathon

I cant believe the time for that is already here. Yes, I have run more then 13 miles before, but for some reason, I am a little nervous. I cant help it. My stomach is in knots and my knee has been bothering me this whole week. Is it all mental? Am I going to crack under pressure? I hope not. I feel that I will be able to complete the race and hopefully complete it with a good time.

So here is the plan for this weekend:
Friday go to the gym, work on my knee and take it easy, stay off my feet.
Saturday take the day slow again stay off my feet per Coach Frank. Then I will be going to sleep early, probably around 8:00pm, which is going to be so hard.
Then Sunday morning oh Sunday morning I will be up by 3:30 a.m.!! I cant even believe it! Once my alarm goes off I will get up and start to get ready. I will eat my toast with peanut butter and a banana, I know I will be stuffing it down my throat, because seriously who is hungry at 3:30 a.m.!? Once I am done I will continue getting ready by adding body glide all over my body to avoid the chafing!!! Then I, along with my Blondie, will head out to Central Park. I am not sure how our New York City Transit system will be running at 4:00 a.m., but since I know that around 10,000 people will be running the Half Marathon, I know we will not be alone.

Thank you again to everyone who has contributed their donations!! I thank you, Team for Kids thanks you also. I will be updating you guys on Monday because I know once I am done I will be super excited. Thank you in advance to my dear friends who will get up early to watch me run on Sunday. Oh yeah, and if you're interested, the race starts at 7:00 a.m. and I am hoping to be in Battery Park City by 9:15 a.m. Hope to see you on the course…I will be the girl wearing the bright green TFK jersey and a HUGE SMILE!!

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment