Tuesday, August 25, 2009

WOW! What a week!!!

First off, thank you thank you, thank you to all of you who came out to our event on Thursday at Katwalk. It was awesome! We had so much support from our fellow TFK'ers, co-workers, kickball team and friends and family!!














In case you missed it, we had Blondie and Katia bartending and they did a great job!! The owner didn’t think we were going to do as well as we did, but we rocked it out! Ok, many of you are wondering why Marathon Madrigal wasn’t behind the scene…well, that’s because the owner only let two people back there…and some of you might know that my drink making abilities are not the best *cough* (too strong), which could be a good thing, but I let the professionals behind the bar. Either way, thanks to Ren's persistence, I finally got behind the bar and served up a couple of drinks with Blondie's help…she was so in her element. The event was a huge success and we made about $300.00 each so that put each of us a lot closer to our donation goal. In case you are looking to still donate, please feel free to do so!! :)

Personally I would like to shout it out to our fellow TFK crew that showed up to our event and partied like rock stars: Dimitri, Ren, Vanessa, Stephanie and of course, our team mascot, Nacho!














This past Saturday, the 23rd, we had to run another 14 miles. Ha ha, I chuckle to myself because now 14 miles seems like a weekly thing. For those in NY, you guys are aware that the last couple of weeks the humidity has been a killer! As we ran on Saturday we had about 95% humidity, I thought to myself... Is it even safe to run? We started off at 7:10 a.m. and we ran on our favorite "BRIDAL PATH", please note the sarcasm. As we got it going, it was drizzling but I welcomed the rain because it was cooling me off. After our third loop around the path I didn’t know if I was going to make it. I still had to jog down to our meeting spot and then come back to the top of the path and go around for another two loops.

When I got to our meeting location I saw my friend Maggie, who usually runs with Blondie, stretching out her legs. I asked her if she was ok, and she just looked at me and said she was done, she had nothing left. Its amazing how the humidity can get to you. Mel and I kept it moving along but it was hard, so hard that I had to walk a bit. I told Mel to go on without me, but she didn’t (such a great pacer buddy). As we were heading back to the top to finish our last two loops I see Eric and Matt heading back towards the "base camp". I was floored at how fast they are!! Granted, they run fast, but on Saturday I was still so surprised that they were going that fast, and that they were so positive! They gave both of us words of encouragement as they ran right past us.

So it was now or never, we had to get this done! We made the loops and as we headed back to "camp", I didn’t know if I was going to make it…seriously. This run had to be one of my worst, I felt like crap at the end I didn’t know if I was going to make it, but I did….barely. After the run a couple of us went to a diner to refuel, then I went home took a shower and I am happy to say NO CHAFING!!! Whoot Whoot! That in itself had to be the best part of my run. After my shower I laid down for a bit. It was only 1:00, I felt that I deserved a nap. Well, I woke up THREE hours later. Can you tell I was super tired?! I still had to go get supplies for my trip that I leave for this Sunday the 30th to Greece and Turkey!

Oh so for all my Gossip Girl peeps reading this... While I was at the Bed, Bath and Beyond, I literally ran into Georgiana ok her real name is Michelle Trachtenberg. She was very nice and we both apologized for not paying attention. Ok that is the second member of GG that I ran into this summer. First there was Serena and now Georgiana. Who will be next??

I will try to put up one last post before vacation. Don’t miss me too much... I will return on the 13th of September! :) (which is also the first day of the Miami Dolphins' regular season….Let's Go Fins!!!)

Pictures will be uploaded later on tonight.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment