Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello Brooklyn. Goodbye Fear

Finally, Finally, Finally. I finally had an AMAZING run!!! I have said it before and I will say it again THANK YOU VANE!!!

I would have never been able to do this without her. She was there with me even though she was in pain from her hip, but she kept me on track and just when I thought I could not push it anymore she yelled to me "COME ON GIRL, YOU GOT THIS" and just like that, I did. Then I saw Ren, Kelsey and Blondie cheering for us, that I had to push it and you know what it felt great and I also received my very first PR!!! What is a PR you ask? Well, simple//// Personal Record with a time of 2:14:29 for a half marathon, which is great because my last half I completed in 2:24:45.

Vane, Blondie and I all headed up to Brooklyn together in a cab and I have to say. no one was feeling this half marathon. We were all very quiet which is always an odd thing for all of us. My goal was to leave all my fears in Prospect Park because these last couple of run have not been the best since Paris. My stomach was in knots and I was really nervous once we showed up. I told myself it was ok to feel it now as long as I left it in the park and I did.

The Highlights of the Brooklyn Half were:
1. I GOT A FLIPPING PR!!
2. Vane and I crossed the finish line together for the first time ever.
3. Seeing Ren, Kelsey and Blondie at the finish line.
4. Seeing Michelle and Alex at mile 11.5 I think..lol

The one and only low light of the race....was watching a squirrel commit suicide as we did the first lap in Prospect Park. The poor squirrel fell out of a tree to its death, was actually a very very sad moment.

Other than that, the run was great! We all celebrated together and enjoyed a wonderful Saturday morning Run.

Thank you to everyone for all of their support and well wishes...I have broken the mental wall. :)

1 comment: