Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Holy Canolie is it HOT!

Guys its been so super hot outside and I just don't want to run. Who would? Only the crazy nuts that do not realize its CRAZY to run in this weather. As I see people running in this heat, all I can remember is last year's NYC Half Marathon, and if you read my blog, you know it was a killer. This heat is brutal but I have to put on my big girl panties and get it done. I will be running with my team tonight and doing speed workouts (insert crabby face). I know I have to, especially if I want to hit my target time for the NYC Marathon this November. I really need to get it together and work it out. With that said, I think this posting says it best.


I also have the Queens half marathon coming up and as my lovely sotto coach Vane reminded me yesterday, we have not run more than 5 miles. Yes, that is a huge problem. A half marathon is 13.1 miles so just doing 5 miles is kind of a road block in my training. And I really want to either keep my BK half time of 2:14 (So proud of my PR, once again Gracias Vane) or beat it by at least a couple of minutes.

It has been a record heat here in NYC and with everything going on, I have a lot on my plate and on my mind (lol) with that being said life keeps moving along. Time does not stop for anyone. I, along with Blondie and Vane, went to visit Nortie in Bmore this past 4th of July weekend and her Birthday Happy Bday Nortie. Being there made us all open up our eyes to what we really want out of life. I think I realized that as much as I love NYC, I don't think I want to be here forever. I know... Shocking, but it is true. I am not sure where I will be going or when, but I have realized that a change needs to be made. With that being said, I am doing a lot of soul searching and trying to find out what I love, or at least something I like, and also locations. Here is what is at the top of my list and in no particular order:
B-More
Dallas
San Fran, still need to visit to confirm so this is a MAYBE
Spain
ATL, man this might be heaven for me...maybe I can find Slim or Q from 112 and one of them can finally fall in love with me and sing in my ear all night...lol wishful thinking.

Places I would not go, also in no particular order:
L.A
Florida - Only because of the weather. Otherwise it's perfect and is home to the greatest football team EVER! Go Miami Dolphins!! :)
Houston


This weekend is the last weekend of World Cup and it's a little sad. Our crew will be getting together to watch the championship on Sunday and then I will be putting my drinking cup away. This last month has been a killer on my liver.

With love in running,
MM

1 comment:

  1. In the I don't know.. year or so that I've known you, I don't think I've ever heard you mention anywhere but NYC.... how wonderfully amazing and exciting it is to come this new realization in your life. I can personally relate because I'm in the process of "writing out" my exit plan....and it's terrifying. Refreshingly terrifying. I am so incredibly excited for you and can't wait to see where your running shoes take you. Of all the places you listed, Dallas, BMore & ATL sound amaaaaaaazing to me... besides, I know I'll be somewhere in the south and I can come visit! ;). Lots of love sunshine and good luck with the Queens Half!

    xoxo
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete