Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup Fever!!! ~ Pictures will be added soon~

Hola!!
Yes, I know I have been kind of absent. Sorry about that, but guys, the WORLD CUP is on and unless you have been living under a rock you have to understand that this alone is the best time ever. The world cup comes along every four years and every four years, for a month, I devote as much time as I possibly can to the game. Back in 2006 I was supposed to go with my cousin Laura to Germany and watch the games but that didn't happen due to work (I hate that excuse) and money. Back then I was not where I am now. This year I really don't know why I am not in South Africa rocking my Mexican jersey. Part of me regrets not going, but part of me knows and understands that I had to be here, which at times like this SUCK... but I digress. Right now there is so much going on in my life that I need a little stability. I have to admit that watching the World Cup at work and taking days off to watch the games have not been the most "stable" but hey this only comes around every four years so to hell with it.

On Tuesday June 22nd, I took the day off to watch mi Mexico play against Uruguay with Vane, Dom, Alexis and then Kevs joined in later. The Mexico game was a hard one for me to watch because I really think that we lost it somewhere even before Uruguay scored. Although we did advance to the next round, I really, really am hoping that we can make it past Argentina. I guess we will see how that goes. After the Mexico vs. Uruguay and France (Wimps) vs. South Africa game, we trekked it all the way downtown to another bar to meet up with Kevs to watch the next two games. I wont lie although I am not a fan of Greece and their team. I was hoping they could score at least one goal against Argentina but unfortunally that did not happen. Argentina won 2 to 0. Saturday will be an emotional day for me to say the least.

After that game Kevs of course wanted to keep going and we did we hit up the Rusty Knot. Great bar. Vane and Alexis made friends with the bartender and Kevs made a bet that he will beat Blondie in a half marathon. Is he serious? I guess we will all find out in three months or so.


Mi Mexico will be playing against the Argentine's which I am not a fan of. I will explain later. Really not the place to now, especially not before the game on Saturday. This will be a very tough game for Mexico, but I think we will be able to hold our own. I want Mexico to come out on Saturday and play the game they did against the French, a confident game have my little sunshine "Chicharito" play and score the way he can. If we go in there and play right and hard and if the outcome is not what I want I will still wear my jersey with pride because they played with all they have.

On Saturday our team is running in the Front Runner's Lesbian and Gay Pride Run in Central Park. If you are around you should come out. The race starts at 9:00 a.m. and I am hoping that it will not be that hot out there. Come and support. If you look for me after the race I will have gotten a PR because I will be running to a bar to watch the games.

Keep Running
XOXO
MM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment