Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a book everyone should read is...one day it will all make sense by common



if you haven't picked up his book i highly suggest you get it asap! it is probably one of the best memoirs i have read.

can we talk about how sexy this man is??


here are some of my favorite parts:

"growing up in chicago, you learn how to survive- some people call it a hustle. rick or poor, educated or uneducated, black or white, you'll find hustlers of all kinds in chicago. for me hustling meant that even as i grew older and got more education, i was able to relate to people on the streets. it meant that i could make a way out of no way, even it if meant bending or even breaking the rules sometimes" --mahalia ann brown (common's mom)

"no longer am i going to dim my light for anyone or anything. i'm going to let it shine. that is what god gave me, so i'm going to wear this. i'm going to wear my greatness" --common

i would give you more but as i mentioned earlier "i highly recommend that you go out and buy and read this book!"

here are some more pictures because he is that fine!! where is my "common"??


No comments:

Post a Comment