Thursday, November 10, 2011

need to find your mojo?

hey all!!

as a runner sometimes you hit that "wall" during a race and sometimes you just hit a running wall.

i hit the wall in a way that made me hate running. i dreaded my long runs, i didn't look forward to speed workouts, and the bridle path...dear lord did i dislike/hate/dread/wanted to kill my self if i had to run on the bridle path.

thankfully after a long time off i got my mojo back. how? well, i ran with my friend's (b-bop) mom jill. we ran from brooklyn (my favorite part) over two bridges, and onto fist avenue to the 18th mile. jumping in on marathon sunday is not the best idea but i was there for support. my goal was to get jill through the tough parts. it was jill's first and probably only marathon and she was so nervous and i was so happy to pick her up in brooklyn and run with her.



today i went on my first run in central park in what seems like forever. it was a nice 5 miler (slow) but it was glorious!! it was so much fun running and running in my park. it had been so long that i forgot about the rolling hills on the west side, but i finished and it felt amazing to run in my park again.

Here is a picture of jill and i just after the 59th street bridge.


ok that is it for now. peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment