Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Bronx.....Here we go again.


The BX Half Marathon is this weekend and here is what I am hoping for:

1. GREAT WEATHER----Running Gods: This is my plea to you: please do not let it be super hot day like Queens. Ideally I would be so happy if we can have weather like we did for the Brooklyn Half where I achieved my PR!! That would be fabulous if you can arrange that...much love, Marathon Madrigal. As of right now this is what the weather is suppose to be like: http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/wxdetail/10028?dayNum=3

2. If I can hit my time of the BK half of 2:15 I would be extremely happy…. False! I would be so EXCITED! I would jump up and down, maybe even do a cartwheel after the run!!
Me crossing the finish line with my PR!!

3. No Humidity...I think that falls under my first point but it is such a strong one that I need to say it again.

4. If it is that hot again...please all men take your shirts off. Sorry, it is what gets me through the run :).

5. On Sunday my friend B-Aponte-B-B-Aponte is running her first Half Marathon lets give it up for her!! Whoot Whoot!!

6. Friends near and far if you're in the area, come out and root for us on Sunday Morning at 7:00 a.m....Yes, I am excited (sarcasm at its best)!

7. Although there are turns and cross-overs, the course is nothing like Queens, which is a positive.

8. One last thing... Please, please, please, no chaffing.

Again, if you're not doing anything, come and cheer us on in the Bronx!
Here is the map:
http://www.nyrr.org/races/2010/hms/pdf/BronxHalfMarathon_Map_2010_new.pdf

Also one last thing: Blondie and I are guest bartending and serving up some delicious drinks @ Choice Bar (380 3rd Avenue btwn 27th and 28th Avenue) on August 26Th. From 6 till your ready to go home. Come support us as we raise money for Team for Kids!



If you would like to donate follow these links:

Alicia: http://www.runwithtfk.org/Member/PublicPage/432

Jackie: http://www.runwithtfk.org/Member/PublicPage/74

No comments:

Post a Comment