Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Did Miss. Marathon Madrigal Show up on Saturday?


Are you wondering if Miss. Marathon Madrigal showed up on Saturday?

Well the answer is YES, Hell Yeah she did!! This past weekend I took part in Greta's Gallop a half marathon in Central Park, and we can say she came and ripped up the course, a hard course two loops of the Central park. (yes, twice around those Harlem Hills) in 2:18 (which is my best thus far in CP), that is also the same time Vane and I had in Philly and Philly is flat and an easy course. I guess you can say we both got our Running MoJo Back!!

I felt no pain...not in my knees, my hips nothing. I did feel the love, my love for running has come back to me!

Vane and I have added one thing to our running routine now...T-Shirt TIME!!! What is T-Shirt time you ask, we say this if one of thinks we are getting a little too serious and there are other reasons but you have to be there to really feel T-SHIRT TIME!! Thank you Vinny and Pauly!!


What was different this time around you ask, well I went into it with my new outlook and like Meb told us, I had a fun, actually I had the most amazing time! Now I cannot wait for the marathon Sunday it is going to be truly AMAZING!!!

This morning I received this quote from Runner's World and it hits home on a day like today: "The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tell you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go tto far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon Champ.

My will is back and so is Marathon Madrigal!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment