Monday, October 12, 2009

19 days! Yes 19 days till the NYC Marathon

Hello Bloggers!!
The time is winding down little by little. I am so super excited because in 19 days I will be running the flipping NYC Marathon!!! WHOOOOWHOOO!! Party time!

I have my bib number. I know my starting time. I am so ready for it!!

On Saturday my team and I did 15 miles. Wow! I cant believe that I can say that…just like that and it is so easy for me to say and do. Blondie and I got up and ready to go, but oh did we have some bumps in the road. Blondie and I arrived at practice a little late, She drove because she was going home right after practice. We were late because there was no flipping parking on the West Side ARGH! Needless to say we got to practice right before my group got the green light to go. I was so excited to do the run because we were doing the last 10 miles of the marathon so I wanted to get the show on the road!
As we started to run, Show Off Crazy Coach Brian (don’t you think of Jazz hands when I say that? I do ;)) decided to run with our group just to the Queensboro bridge because he was going to do a marathon on Sunday (the 18th) I remember when I thought he was crazy and now I just want to catch up. I believe that Brian had a hidden agenda to get into my blog…I guess it worked and now I am hoping that by me mentioning him in my blog he will train me on my runs so I can get faster, but not too fast because let's be realistic, I am not winning the Marathon. I would like to get to do a 10 minute mile so that I can run with my Running Girls (Stephy and Vane). That is my goal now. So maybe now that I gave him his plug that he was begging for, he can coach me :).
We ran through the park to 59th street, over the Queensboro bridge, and then back, then up to 127th on 1st avenue. The starting and stopping sucked. What was great was that one of our best coaches, Sid, had his van so he tried to follow us so people in their cars wouldn’t hit us. The run was good, not great, because like I said the stopping really took a toll, but once I made it to the final destination, I felt awesome.

After our run we went to Brunch on the East side..and I hate to say it, but sorry West siders, we have found our "spot". I then went home, took an ice bath, and relaxed for a few until I met up with my girls to keep the TFK love going strong! A couple of us met up at the Astoria Beer garden. The night was a success as it always is with my TFK crew. I really love these guys and like Papo says we are like family!!

Sunday I first crashed Vane's house at 11 a.m. and then the Greek Chef of the group cooked Vane and I brunch and it was delici!! He also made us Greek coffee. I wanted to have a frappe, but he didn’t let me he said it was too cold for one. He also gave me instructions on how to drink my coffee…the Greeks are crazy I tell you!!

The run was awesome. I feel so much better now that I have those last 10 miles in my head and under my belt. I can tell you that the marathon is going to be awesome but what is going to be the very best is crossing that finish line!!

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment