Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body







This is what I am going to be telling myself when I hit the "wall" come Marathon Sunday. Although I have to wonder will I hit a wall? I will be running the NYC (FLIPPING) Marathon and I will have all eyes on me!
Lets be honest here I am an attention getter and per a certain ex male model (for real he really was) we will call him "E-Nice" he said that my partner in crime Vane and I are "Camera Whores"…I wont lie to we really are. Come on, who doesn’t love to pose for a camera? I know I do.
So will this wall come? When I ran the 20 miles I remember hitting a little wall at mile 18, but I was on running alone there were no spectators no one cheering my name (yes, I did put my name on my singlet). At mile 18 I will be one 1st Avenue just passed 86th street will 8 more miles to go. But again I will have all of NY cheering for me, and most importantly my mom will be there cheering me on and hopefully carrying my sign ( I was going to make one for her but my girl Kermit made me a dope one for the half so we are going to reuse it). On Tuesday we got together with Papo and he hooked up our jerseys please check out the pictures and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. 'pain is weakness leaving the body'-my pops is former military. he says that to me all the time. its good to remember in all aspects of life. welcome it, because if you push through the discomfort and accept the wisdom it has to offer, it will teach you better than anything else.

    I am so proud of you guys. enjoy every moment. :)

    ReplyDelete