Thursday, October 1, 2009

OMG Only 31 days till NYC ING Marathon







It is official today marks the countdown. 31 days, 744 hours, 44,640 minutes before the first Sunday in November comes when all the "marathonzilla's come out to play". That is all courtesy of Coach Brian, per facebook ;).
Fall is definitely here. The days are shorter and a little chillier. All in all the perfect running weather. I am not sure how I am going to feel on Marathon Sunday, but right now all I feel is excitement and I wonder if it's normal. I cannot wait for Nov 1st to get here!! The excitement of riding the bus with my teammates over to SI, having our own port-a-pottys while we wait, having our great coaches there giving us last minute tips….the list can go on forever. I really wish I could take a tape recorder with me from the moment I wake up so I can document all my thoughts throughout the marathon. Thank you to all my friends who have already given me their designated spots from Brooklyn (Phisherman Phil) to the Bronx to the final spot…the finish line. My lovely PT will be somewhere in between the Bronx and the city…oh my PT she is too cute, I just saw her today because my darn left leg is still not strong enough…don’t get me wrong I can still run I just wont win the Marathon (LOL). I have to take it easy and run my pace.
This weekend's run will be our last and longest run... 23 miles. We are running 8 miles on the Bridal Path (a boring death), then we will all take part in Greta's Half Marathon then we will do a lower loop in the park of 1.7 that brings the total to 22.8 a close 23. this will be our "dress rehearsal" for the marathon since Greta's Half Marathon has a couple of thousand spectators. I cannot wait. Thank you all for following my blog and thank you, thank you for all your donations!!
PS….I forgive Michelle for being a bad friend and ditching me on marathon day for a football game. If her team loses, I know she'll be feeling very guilty, but I know that she'll help me celebrate by buying me a beer when we hang out! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment