Monday, October 26, 2009




























Good Morning Marathon Runners!!

The week is finally here. Marathon Week in NYC. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about this week and My Big Game Day..Sunday.

I have been part of my great and fabulous green team "Team For Kids" since June. That’s when my journey began with the goal to finish the marathon in under 5 hours. My target now, after all the training and the long runs, is 4 hours 45 minutes but I am aiming for 4:30…we shall see. Will you be there to watch me run across that finish line?

I remember showing up to my first practice and I reverted back to fifth grade thinking. Who do I talk to, will anyone talk to me? Then it happened, someone turned to me and said Hi and that changed everything. From that day on I kept meeting people, they turned into running friends who are now my really important people that I care about. The month of June changed my life and from that moment on it kept getting better and better. My running has improved and my friends are amazing. My favorite memory thus far is running the 20 miler from Brooklyn to the George Washington Bridge, I was running on my own and the "fast kids" passed me up but they encouraged me and told me I looked great and to keep going. The team feeling we all have is AWESOME! I love love my team!!

I am going to try to update this blog daily so I can try to explain to you how I am feeling but I think once Friday hits…that might be the last entry until Tuesday. I am off on Monday and my boss got me a massage on Monday which I am so excited about.

This past Sunday was Marathon Kick off. We started by participating in the Poland Springs 5 mile race and what an event. Because the Marathon falls on Nov 1st none of us get to dress up and party for Halloween, so we made this our Halloween Party. I dressed up with Steph, Vane, Blondie, Carly and Ally as JEM and the Holograms and of course two Misfits. I will admit that once we looked at our outfits we looked more like 80's aerobic instructors but we had a blast with it. We ran the fun run at a nice pace didn’t want to push it too much since it was a fun run, and the outfits we were wearing were not ideal running attire. As we ran the 5 miler, it was great to run with my friends and see how much we inspire each other. It is also funny because Vane kept yelling at us "Speedy's you're going too fast", so we pulled back, and we kept doing that the last two miles. The last mile our friends, the Running Fairy and her hubby Nacho, joined us and they, along with Jem (Steph), talked about the finish line at the NYC Marathon Finish line. I am not going to lie, I had goose bumps but when I saw the bleachers all ready and set up for next Sunday, I got a little teary eyed. I don’t even know the emotions that I am going to feel come Sunday at around 3:00 when I cross that finish line. I want to cross it with a smile on my face, on one hand I cannot wait for Marathon Sunday, I think it is going to be a blast to run from Staten Island to Central Park, but at the same time it makes me a little sad. Over the last five months I have made some of the best friends I could ever make and I don’t want to stop seeing them three to four times a week…I know, weird ha-ha. I don’t want to get too mushy, so here, enjoy some pictures from Sunday's run.

The Highlights:
Ren and Brian dressed up as Paige and Becky
Dimitri dressed up as Frank
Eric did awesome as Raul
Raul dressed up as Asteria
Dustin dressed up as Sid


















Enjoy the pictures!
Thank you again for all your help and support. I cant believe its almost here…. Five days! Five days!
Also Blondie, Vane, Steph and Carly stopped at Union Square to take pictures with all the signs of the Asics ad check them out too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment