Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Quote.....Hello Finish Line. Goodbye Old Me.










This came to me today from my running buddy L.Simmons (heart her)! It is from the book "A Race Like No Other".



"Marathoners push themselves to the edge of insanity and exhaustion, because when they look back on those 26.2 miles, the view is profoundly satisfying. They see where they have been and what they have become. Distance running is a pastime uniquely suited to introspection. To run is to question why. To run the New York City marathon is to discover the answer."



I cannot wait to let you know what my answer is I really cannot wait to Run this Town via all 5 borough's. November 1st is right around the corner and I cannot explain what I am feeling right now.


One thing is for sure, Jay-Z was right in his song "Empire State of Mind" when Alicia Keys is singing:
"In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of There's nothing you can't do, now you're in New York. These streets will make you feel brand new Big lights will inspire you, let's hear it for New York, New York. One hand in the air for the big city. Street lights, big dreams all looking pretty. No place in the world that can compare. Put your lighters in the air, everybody say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. "



Coach B has said that he is going to try to find me and run the last couple miles with me. We shall see...if he does I totally expect him to have this song playing the whole time we run together.


My heart is filled with so many emotions, my eyes begin to tear when I think about crossing the start line. Why the start line you ask? Because it has taken so much for me to get to the starting line. Crossing the finish line is going to be icing on the cake. This goal has been in my journal since 2003 and now in 2009 I am completing it and I could not have asked for a better time in my life to do it and I have had the best team in the world to do it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment